Thursday, April 27, 2017

LA river clean up

Hello,

         My name is Jesus Ramirez. I participated in the FOLAR clean up of the LA river on April 22, 2017. This was done due to an assignment in my English 2030 class. The minute we discussed the assignment I quickly was interested in helping in the clean up. My first thought was that it wouldn't be so bad. Once I arrived that thought changed. There was a lot of trash everywhere. I couldn't believe how much trash was collecting there.  The main place where I collected my trash was within the trees. This area was hard to move around in, but I did my best to help make the LA river clean. I noticed a lot of groceries bags tangled within the branches of the trees. it seemed to me that bags were the most popular among the different kinds of trash found. I remembered how in class in a documentary we saw there was a man filled with bags. That was his costume to created awareness to how many bags are thrown away. Therefore me finding a lot of bags made me see why that man was using that costume made out of bags. Also, I found a lot of pieces of rusty medal. Most of it was deep inside the ground. I had to move rocks and dig around it to let me have access in pulling it out. While I was under a tree I saw a piece of medal sticking out of the ground as I tried to pull it out of the ground I felt that it was heavy and I needed to put in more strength in getting it out. Once I started to dig around it I noticed that it was a shopping cart. It took me some time to be able to finally pull it out. It was a great experience for me. I recommend everyone to try this out. It will benefit you and your environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment