Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello EVERYONE!(:

My name is Cindy, and I'm 19 years old. I have a job, I'm a full time student, and I like to go out and enjoy my free time with my loved ones. Saturday 4/16/11, I attended a beach clean-up at Dockweiler State Beach, and I feel good about myself because once we got there we received the instructions to clean the beach right away. There was a lot of trash on the beach, and because we had plenty of other people helping as well, we did get a lot of trash picked up. What I noticed there was a lot of was plastic, which is one of the worst components that affect our environment, since its something that's so hard to get rid of once its composed.
The way the beach clean-up relates to what we've read in class is because it has to do with the environment. We have been speaking of the environment since we started in fall, and the cool part about it is it's been in different aspects. The different ways they express the environment is the hazards, nature, cleanliness, trash, how they admire the environment, how it has changed throughout the years, and as we can see everyone has a different opinion, or everyone has had their different experience. It's good to read about different ideas people have towards the environment and compare them to mine.
What I learned is that everyone has a different opinion towards the environment, but it's up to us to take matters into our own hands and do something for the environment. Not only does it make a difference for the environment, but it makes a difference in ourselves. It makes you feel good about yourself (:

No comments:

Post a Comment