Sunday, May 19, 2013

Experience at the LA River


Hello, 
 My name Milagros Calzadilla. I am part of Ms. Hernandez's English 101 class. On May 18, 2013 a couple of students and I took part in cleaning up the LA River. As I walked on the river bed I was kind of depressed seeing that most of the water has dried up. Also I found a lot of trash everywhere little and big some of the things I was so surprise I would not imagine that there would be CDs and a car radio and shoes. It was really beautiful to be able to see these trees that looked like they had spider webs on them but it wasn’t it was cotton trees. There were so many that at a point I wanted to sneeze. I was only expecting our classmates to be the only ones cleaning up but I saw that there was other different organizations and family contributing and I thought that was pretty amazing. My group went through these trees and at the top of one of them we found a LADWP Water Sign and Lenni picked me up so I could pull the sign down but it was to hard so we brought other people, it took us a while to get this accomplish but I am very happy to have been able to taken that down I felt that we did a very good job in supporting our team and not giving up. I hope that one day I can do something like this again it was a very fun experience.

The LADWP Water Sign that was stuck on top of that tree above us.

The Cotton tree

No comments:

Post a Comment