Tuesday, May 21, 2013

LA River clean up May 18, 2013

Hello my name is Faustina Teliz-T and I am a student at Cal State LA and I would like to share a little about my experience at the LA river clean up this past Saturday may 18, 2013. At first I was not looking forward to this clean-up because I thought it was going to be boring, really dirty, and would smell really bad, but when getting there it was the opposite of that. When I arrived at the place and was parking I noticed that there were a lot of people that contributed in the clean-up. As my group of friends and I started to clean we found many plastic bags that were either on the grown with sand all over it or up on the trees. It was hard for me to get them down because I am not as tall but average size but I still managed to try my best to reach what I could. While walking and picking up trash we came to find a tire cap, clothes, and we also found a cart that was stuck in the water and stuck with the tree. What I mean with this is that it was in the water and the tree is growing there is finding its way through the carts openings and threw it. We tried to take it out but were too weak and could not move it. My overall experience was great and I would like to this again next year.  




No comments:

Post a Comment