Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Heal The Bay: Dockweiler Beach

Knowing that I had to wake up extra early just to clean up a beach was something I really wasn't looking forward to until I actually did it. This is the first beach clean-up event I've attended and I enjoyed it more than I thought. While doing the actual cleaning, my group and I came across some outrageous objects. There were things that we never thought we would find at the beach. This experience was a very good one. I honestly didn't think that our beaches would be this dirty. Its very shocking how we can be so thoughtless and leave our garbage all over the shore when there are a countless number of trashcans around. It really seems like we aren't responsible enough or just simply don't care about our beaches, which is very sad. Overall I really enjoyed cleaning up the beach even though it was only for a couple of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment