Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Heal the Bay Cleanup by Brianna Hernandez


Hi my name is Brianna and this is my first quarter at CSULA, on October 12, 2014 with my English 101S and University 101 I was given the opportunity help clean up Dockweiler Beach.  It was such a great experience to be apart of something like this.  I’ve done volunteer work in the past but never anything like this, it was crazy to see what kind of trash you can find on the beach that you would never think you would find, like a stuffed bear for example.  It was also very sad too actually see how much trash people carelessly leave on the beach like their cigarette buds, empty chip bags, cups, and other things and it just upsets me to see no one takes any interest in keeping our environment clean for future generations.  I was so glad I got this chance to really see the “ugly” side to our beautiful beaches because it really gave me an open mind to the next time I see a plastic bag or empty can flying around on the beach and how it isn’t hard to pick it up and throw it away in the nearest trash can.  Thank you Mrs. Hernandez and Mr. Colnely for this great experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment