Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Beach Clean Up at Dockweiler Beach

Hello, Alexis Silva here!, this was my first time to Dockweiler beach, I have been to several beach clean ups and let me tell you this was not bad. It was unusual to say the least. I have never seen a beach with so much ash and chicken bones, yes chicken bones! They were everywhere! Despite that it was a nice beach, even though the water looked a little to green (which means a lot of nutrients in the water) and swarms of sea gulls. I found a lot of of cigarette buds (65), Styrofoam pieces (72), and plastic pieces (76). It's surprising how much junk people leave on the beach like a marshmallow. It was an interesting day at Dockweiler.

Tiny plastic pieces mixed with sea gull feathers




Sea Gull drinking out of fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment