Monday, October 19, 2015

Heal The Bay (Dockweiler Beach Clean-Up)

My name is Alyssa Moreno and this is my first year at CSULA. Recently on October 18th, 2015, I participated in a beach clean up with the Heal the Bay organization. Once at Dockweiler Beach I partnered up with a few of my other classmates, this experience was something I did not expect. All the trash we found and picked up was quite disappointing, like how can people be so irresponsible? The most common trash that my group and I picked up was cigarette butts, bottle caps, aluminum, plastic, and Styrofoam. My group went as far as to find liquor bottles near the greenery of the beach. After awhile my group relaxed for a bit near the water, where I noticed that the water was a bit greenish looking. Knowing that we made a difference for the wildlife and the environment made me feel proud of myself that I chose to participate in the cleanup. It was something quiet exciting and I was able to spend it with people that were easy to talk to and made the experience so much better. Once again I am glad I participated in this eye opening experience. All it takes is one person to make a difference that can better not only our environment, but those around.



      





                                                       


                                                               







No comments:

Post a Comment