Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Great Los Angeles River Clean Up =)



Hi, my name is Nayeli Hernandez and i also decided to attend the L.A. River Clean Up on Saturday April 30th, 2011 held by FOLAR. It was a great experience cleaning, again. I am actually looking forward going to the third event. I did not think i was going to even want to attend to the three events, but i was wrong. It's really nice helping to keep our environment clean. I have learned to appreciate the environment little by little because I would not really care for it, before. I am careful where to throw my trash away now. for example, today at school as I was walking with two of my class mates, Diana and Gavi, I was about to throw away a piece of candy wrapper on the floor! I had remembered about my english class when I was about to throw it, so I didn't do it because it would have been the wrong thing to do. I would not have felt comfortable throwing trash on the floor knowing that I've participated to the Dockweiler Beach Clean Up and recently, the L.A. River Clean Up at Steelhead Park.

Well at the river clean up, my partners where Diana and Gaby. At first, Ms. Jenny partnered me with Gaby which it was a good choice. It was nice meeting her =) Then Diana finally found the right location. It was nice having them as partners and then later on Veronica and the other Gavi came along. Gaby had spotted the shopping cart and well I got excited about it becuase I felt like riding in it and pretend play while also spotting for more trash =) As Gaby mentioned earlier, we found the pan and metal fork. It surprised me. We also found a library key chain card, I thought that was funny to find. hehe. The girls and I found many ciggarettes on the floor and plastic bags and candy wrappers. We took a glance at the river and it looked horrible. The river looked dead. However, I believe ther were ducks. Im not sure, but Gaby mentioned something like that. Unfortunately I could not verify for myself becuase I had forgotten my glasses at home. I was also excited when Gavi found the dead lizard. I wish we could have disected it. But we didn't. I had fun cleaning and having the girls as a group. We had a great time cleaning together! Team work! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment