Wednesday, May 4, 2011



Hello! My name is Gavi. I also attended The Great Los Angeles River Clean Up on April 30, 2011. It was my first time doing something like this. To be honest, it was a great feeling knowing I FINALLY did something good in my life .I'm just being facetious.Seriously though, I'm glad I had the opportunity to clean up with FOLAR and people who actually care about the environmental issues. I found several interesting things like a cool rock, a dead lizard and a bone. For some odd reason, I was really happy when I found these objects.However, there were a couple of things that did upset me when we started cleaning beside the river.
  1. WE DID NOT GET THE CHANCE TO CLEAN EVERYTHING. I wasn't able pick up every single piece of trash because most of it was stuck. I literally spent most of the time playing tug-a-war with the trees and bushes. I obviously lost the game, but I can still hear the trees calling me out for another match. I took a picture of Veronica and the tree covered with trash.
  2. THE TREES WERE SAD. I usually don't use personification, but in this case I will. It was almost like walking into a crime scene. The trees were the corpse and the trash was the lethal weapon. Most people would imagine trees swaying side to side almost like hippies yelling how free and happy they are, but not here. It was very depressing. I realized how the trash we make are the chains we put around our trees.
  3. PLASTIC EVERYWHERE! I have never seen so much plastic in my life. Plastic should be banned for life! I agree with Jenny's husband, it really is the worst thing man has ever created. Sooner or later there will be an island full of plastic....oh wait minute...there is!! Overall, I had a lot of fun with my peers and especially with my buddy lizard, who is now resting in piece. RIP: lizard =(. We were all wondering how my buddy died. I wanted to dissect it just to see if it might have eaten plastic, but my peers did not want to see that. I am still curious though.



No comments:

Post a Comment