Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Solona community garden

Solona community garden
Hey, my name is Norma Berben. I am a student at California State University of Los Angeles. I attended the Solona community garden on May 13, 2011. This was a new experience because I never done this type of activity in my life. Everything was beautiful because it was organic. I had the chance to taste peaches and strawberry. Also, I was able to see animal and insect working the ecosystem. Little insect will help make food for plants. Nothing was wasted which I found very insightful. Also, the garden collects water when it rains. This is wonderful because the garden people are not wasting money on water. Everything is reused, which is good for the planet. Walking around the garden, a hummingbird was attacking a group of students. I thought the bird was hurt or mental but it turns out it had a nest. That was very cute because she was protecting her nest. I wasn’t able to see the baby bird but it’s ok, I don’t need to see them. I was working on mixing the dirt. Working on the dirt was very peaceful and relaxing. I think the weather made my mood feel relaxing and all good. This was a great experience because I was able to eat organic fruits. Also, I found out that mixing dirt is relating. I love the outdoor and in the future I will like to volunteer at the garden again. Everyone at the garden seemed to enjoy working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment