Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cleaning For A Better Tomorrow


Hello my name is Hector Torres.   I am a student at California State University Los Angeles. On April 22, 2012 my English class went to clean DockWeiler Beach in honor of Earth Day.  It was a cold and cloudy day.  We got one glove and one bag to fill as me and my fellow class mates walked down the beach I saw so much trash. There were trash bags, wrappers; aluminum cans, fishing lines, barbecue grills, bottles of lighter fluid, and old sandals.  This was the dirtiest beach that I had been to but I feel good that I was able to help make a bit cleaner. As I walked closer to the water I could see small pieces of trash floating in the distance and there was nothing I could to get them. In the end I filled my bag four times and there was still a lot of trash to clean up. If we all work together we can make a difference just by picking up one piece of trash every time we go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment