Wednesday, April 25, 2012

we can make a difference!





Hey everyone! My name is Courtney Munoz. I am a student at California State University Los Angeles. My English professor is Jennifer Hicks. In English 101 we were assigned to do one service Learning Experience to examine what is going on in our environment today. I chose to volunteer at DockWeiler Beach because I’ve always enjoyed going to the beach but I’ve never noticed how dirty it was. On April 22, 2012 my class went on a field trip to give back to the earth in honor of Earth day. We were given a plastic bag, gloves, and a sheet to put tally marks of items that were found. My group and I walked along the fire pits and found a bbq, a lawn chair, clothes, diapers, and some fires that were still burning. We dumped out our bag in the trashcan at least different 10 times. As we were walking we saw a spot on the beach that was filled with sandals, plastic bags, socks, etc. another group joined in to help as we were about done a big tractor started coming and dumped all the trash right where we had just cleaned. It was sad to see why all the trash had gotten there in the first place. Don’t just walk by trash because it’s not yours. Everyone should give a hand. We can make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment