Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To The Rescue(:

To the Rescue(:



Hello everybody!!(: My name is Carolyn Santos. I am a student at California State University of Los Angeles. Im taking English 101 and my professor is Jennifer Hicks. On April 22,2012 also known as Earth Day I had the honor to clean one of our local beaches named Dockweiler Beach. Although it was really cold and windy, this would have to be one of the greatest experiences I have had and it was for a great cause as well. I can honestly say that out of all the times that I've been to the beach I have never seen so much trash being litered on the beach. My group and I started out with very little trash but as we walked along we started noticing things I would have never expected people to leave in the beach such as shirts, shorts, socks, shoes, sandals, and grills in order to make a barbeque. Those weren't the only things that we saw that day we also saw diapers, paper cups and plates, plastic containers,  toys kids could play with and so forth. It was really a privlegde to work with other students and help clean the enviorment we live in in order to make it a better place for us to live in because although we didnt get everything on the beach it is one step closer to improving the planet we live in  to make it a better tomorrow for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment