Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Planet we live on

 Hi my name is Henry Matias and on Sunday April 22nd was Earth day. My English Professor Jennifer Hicks assigned the class a service learning activity. The class had to clean Dock Weiler Beach up. At first I thought was going to easy because I thought the beach would have been clean, but when I got there it looked more dirty than Skid Row. There was trash everywhere,on the streets,the shores, but most of it was under the sand. Our professor provided us with a trash bag and a glove. When was walking though beach I picked up a lot of things like dippers, candy wrappers, aluminum cans, glass bottles, and plastic. I even had to go get another bag to pick up the rest of the trash on the beach. That was the first time I had gone to the beach to clean it. People really don't care about the environment because of how people treat the beach like it is a place to dump there trash. Even though I was picking up some else trash I felt good about it. As I walk through the beach I thought that this was only a small part of the world my class was cleaning image all the other place that are not being clean and are maybe more dirty than Dock Weiler beach. People should care more about the planet they live on, but instead they are destroying it. If we all work together we can make a difference can save the planet we live on for future generations to come.   

No comments:

Post a Comment