Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Heal the Bay

This is Martin Sandoval from Prof. Holladay's english class. At first I kind of didn't want to come because it was a far drive for me and early in the morning. But I did end up going and there I met up with my friends and we teamed up in a big group. We walked alongside the shoreline and found a lot of trash. We found a lot of candy wrappers and balloons. At first I didn't think we were going to find enough trash to fill up our bags but we did. Our bags filled up within the first fifteen minutes. One of the most interesting things that we found was a huge blanket that was buried under the sand. It took about eight of us just to get it out of the ground because someone had tried to bury it as deep as they could in the sand. I wasn't surprised that when we pulled out the blanket it was huge. In the end I was glad that I went to go help out clean the beach and I would definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment