Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am Edgardo Gonzalez and i participated in the Heal the Bay event at Dockweiler Beach. I didn't expect to be much help in cleaning up because i thought that the beaches were going to be clean already. I was surprised to see so much trash not just on the beach but on the streets above the beach near the streets. You can find a lot of bizarre things that do not belong any where near a beach like cigaret buds, condoms, bottles, and a lot more filth. A lot of the trash that is thrown and left on the beach is a danger to animals. Some animals may eat the trash thinking it is food and die, especially if it is plastic because plastic doesn't digest. I felt good helping clean up the beach and made it fun. My friends and I had a competition to see who can pick up the most trash and fill up the trash bags the fastest. I didn't think of this event as a chore but as a chance to help the environment and make it safer for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment