Monday, January 26, 2015

Heal the bay; Cleaning up Dockweiler beach

Hello, my name is Miguel Cabrera. On Sunday, January 25th, 2015, I had the opportunity to take part in a very helpful event, which was to help clean-up Dockweiler beach. I had a lot of fun while I also enjoyed the view, but what I enjoyed the most was the feeling I got after.  This is a feeling that one can only get after knowing they did something right.  I felt really good after helping clean-up because you can really find a lot of trash on the beach and when you realize where it is headed and the number of beings that can be harmed by it, it's horrible. You find many different thing pieces of trash on the beach, such as, hangers for clothing, pieces of glass, and many many many cigarettes.  It hurts to see all of this trash on the floor because there is many trashcans spread all along the beach but people don't seem to be able to gather the strength to walk to them, and throw something away.  After spending a couple hours cleaning up Dockweiler beach, I have learned to embrace the beauty of a beach and why we should help keep it clean. If everyone were to help keep locations as beautiful as the beach clean, we could not only have clean beaches, we could have a cleaner earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment