Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sunday Beach Cleanup at Dockweiler Beach


Going to the beach is a place where people go to relax, have a good time with their loved ones, or simply go get at tan. Unfortunately, that has changed over the years because today our beaches are infested with trash. There’s is nobody to blame but us, we haven’t taken the proper measures to clean our trash and for that reason our beaches are the ones who suffer the consequences. Although it may seem like there is nobody taking action, we have wonderful programs like Heal the Bay that care for our environment and connect communities to help out and do their part to cure the environment. Teaching us that one person can’t save nor protect our environment, but they teach us that we as individuals need to do our part and together we can make a difference to our planet. So I, Arturo Gonzalez, a simple student in English 101 have the power to take care of our planet. So I had the honor to do my part this past Sunday in Dockweiler Beach. Our class joined forces with Heal the Bay in a beach cleanup. Although, the cleanup was a bit difficult because it was early, hot, and especially on a Sunday but at the end you felt a sense of reward because I know I did my part.  Finally, I learned that I did this, not because I had to but because I wanted to have my beaches clean. At the end we all like clean beaches……Right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment