Monday, January 26, 2015

Heal The Bay Experience

On January 25, 2015 I had the pleasure to help clean Dockweiler beach. It was an experience totally different from all the other services I have done in the past. In the past I have done services like tutoring, but that does not compare to cleaning the beach. This is because animals are not able to clean their own home. Being able to help them was a great feeling because they are defenseless sea animals that do not harm human beings for the most part. Out of the many trashes that we found, we found cigarettes butts the most. I figured that many people smoke at the beach, but I would have thought that some people would have some type of consideration for littering at the beach, but they do not. We also found a lot of Styrofoam, but this is because those who visit the beach take food and need something to serve their food on. This is definitely something I would enjoy doing again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment