Sunday, January 25, 2015

Regrets in the Beach by Christian Garcia

When I think of going to the beach, the last thing that crosses my mind is beach clean up. Most of the time its all about partying at the beach and reuniting with friends, but never have I thought about going to the beach for clean up. I mean, I know it is the right thing to do but never did it cross my mind. I truly want to thank Mrs. Hernandez and Heal the Bay for the opportunity of making me feel regret on all of the trash that I have left in the beach. I find it very funny how right away I knew where all the trash would be because I myself have trashed the beach. I have committed the crime of burning wood in the sand and ironically the first clean up area was a patch of sand with burned wood. More regret came in when we were picking up the trash and a surfer dude came up to thank us for cleaning up the beach. I felt that I owed it to the beach for trashing previous times. Not only did it feel good to clean the beach, but I was rewarded two dollars and fifty cents that I found while cleaning the beach. This was total Karma. In a total time of one hour and thirty minutes I fell into the realization that I must be more careful with the way I dispose of trash. I, Christian Garcia, on January 25, 2015 made a promise to the beach of taking care of it as if it were my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment