Monday, May 21, 2012

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up! :)

Hi everyone, my name is Ruth Tesfai and I am one of Professor Jenny Hicks' students. This is my community service project. Unfortunately I was not able to attend Dockweiler Beach and the LA River clean up, however, in order to give back to the community I decided to go on campus and do a clean up. While I was doing this duty, I had a few of my friends help me. We came across so much trash that is was quite shocking. We had bags for cans/bottles so that we can recycle afterwards and another bag for trash to throw away. I feel like this experience has taught me a lot and it showed me how important it is to keep our environment clean. The most common trash I came across was paper, candy rappers, and empty bags of chips. Once my group and I made it down to the dorm area, we started coming across little pieces of water balloons, hangers, and even more plastic bottles.Not only are those things bad for the environment, but it can also harm animals. I feel like I have learned a lot and this experience has taught me that it is very important to keep our surroundings clean for our health and planet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment