Monday, January 25, 2016

Cleaning makes a Difference

Hello, my name is Jennifer Arias, I am a Freshman at CSULA and I am currently enrolled in Winter Quarter English 101. On January 24th, 2016, my fellow classmates and myself participated in an activity known as Heal the Bay at Dockweiler Beach. Not only was it a fun activity to participate in but it was an eye opener that helped me realize that it is important to take care of our environment as well as our beaches. This activity relates to our class as well as our readings because we are learning about the environment and how to make the world a better place to live in. We are learning how there is air pollution due to the fact of a high use of vehicles, and how our rivers, lakes, oceans, etc, become contaminated because so much trash is being thrown in them which also puts a creatures life at risk. I learned the reason as to why many fish and other creatures die because of the trash that goes into the ocean such as plastic, bottle caps, and even wood. I learned that cleaning does make a difference, not only does it save an innocent creature's life but it helps us see the beauty of nature, and who doesn't like to go for a swim on a nice sunny day at a clean beach? Lend a hand and help keep the environment clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment