Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Heal the Bay

Hello, my name is Isael Barrera and I am a Freshman at Cal State LA. My English 101 class this past Sunday, January 24,2016 went on a class field trip to Docweiler Beach. We participated with Heal the Bay to help pick up trash that is left behind on the beach. This was my first time participating with the organization. I really liked feeling like I was making a positive impact on the environment. We picked up a lot of cigarette butts, bottle caps, and pieces of plastic. The most  bizarre item we found was a shopping cart right by one of the fire pits. I was surprised at how much trash was actually left on the beach, it's crazy to think that maybe later on that day all the trash we might have picked up might have just been replaced with new trash that other people left behind before they left. I just hope that we can continue to try and have a positive impact on the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment