Monday, January 25, 2016

Dockweiler Beach clean up


Hi, my name is Alondra Estrella and I am currently a freshman at Cal State Los Angeles, which I am in the English Class 101. I participated to help clean up the Dockweiler Beach on the 24th of January 2016. On the day my friends and I arrived at the beach, we noticed there was small pieces of trash and the waves were big. We helped clean up as much as could because we did not want other animals to die or get injured because someone else was too selfish to clean up after themselves. For an hour, we found about 230 pieces of plastic and of items. What stood out to me the most was when I found many straws and several cigarette butts. I also found a dead bird which made me a little upset because it died of probably eating a piece of trash. I learned that all the small pieces of trash do add up and that we should clean up after ourselves because it really does make a difference. We also had fun especially when the man in the background photo bombed our picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment