Monday, January 25, 2016

Healthy Beach, Happy Me

                                                Healthy Beach, Happy Me

Hi, my name is Miguel Barrios and I'm currently a Freshman attending CSULA. For my English 101 class we had a field trip on January 24 to Dockweiler beach, and our goal was to clean the beach an list the things we picked up. It was a great experience spending a couple of hours of my time reconstructing the environment. We all know that all of the effort my classmates and I brought in to this field trip didn't help to clean the whole beach, but we all know that we all made a difference. Every little help counts to improve a piece of our environment. At first before I arrive to the beach I never thought it was going to be that dirty as I imagine, but once I arrive their I then saw how mistreated the beach was. The beach had a lot of Styrofoam pieces and plastic objects allover the sand and hills. It was a great sensation that I earned from cleaning the beach because I saw some issues that happens everyday at the beach and many animals are in risk in consuming them and getting affected. It was awesome cleaning the beach and protecting some animals and their habitat.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment