Monday, January 25, 2016

Docweiler beach

Hello, my name is Alexis Juarez. I go to Cal State Los Angeles. For my English clads my professor and the entire class gathered at Docweiler Beach on January 24, 2016 to help in participating with the Heal The Bay Foundation. The day consisted on walking at the beach and picking up every piece of trash that was on the sand. We picked up burned wood, straws, bottle cups, plastic cups, and so much more.when we arrived at the beach I noticed that it was going to take a while because the beach was very dirty. The experience was amazing because I got the chance to try and improve the beauty of our beach. It only took two hours to make the beach look a lot more beautiful, two hours of helping the environment. Our day at the beach with the Heal The Bay Foundation relates to our class readings because we are learning about how we take something beautiful like nature and turn it into something ugly. The day at the beach was realy helpful because it made me open my eyes and see that we are the ones destroying the environment and if we do not do something about it then we will be living in a waste land. What I gained from this experience is that we need to help the environment my recycling more and not throwing away trash just anywhere because it ends up in the ocean which causes nature to look like a huge trash can. My lesson was learned if we keep throwing away things then it will end up in the ocean and sea life will start to die out, so it is up to us to help keep nature in its natural beauty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment