Wednesday, May 7, 2014

LA River Clean-Up

Hi my name is Andres Perez, I am from Ximena Hernandez English 101 Section 21 class and i participated in the LA River Clean-up. The clean-up was help by "Friends of Los Angeles River (Folar) this past Saturday on May 3rd of 2014. I went this Saturday to experience the environment and see how much trash it had made from us.  We were assign to a group and I was assign with Jaclyn and Jimmy. My group and I went and explore, and we found a lot of plastic bags in the trees, and under the sand. The trash we collected were outstanding and I was amazed what we found and saw. We collected bags of chips, metal can, soda cans, a Toy Story blanket, rags, and even shopping carts stuck under trees. I was surprised on how people haven't clean the LA River for along time, people talk about trash and clean-ups but I don't see people lifting a finger to help the environment. From learning from the book called "No Impact Man" I realize that the story is very much compared to the LA River and the things the people are doing on helping the planet have a cleaner environment and a safer and healthier future.The Folar people showed us why it's important to help the LA River, because it is a place where wild life live and we must support and help the animals to live happy and help us to have everything clean to breath fresh air without any breathing problems of diseases and other infections. We can change the world if we try, people are doing fundraisers but that's not enough as I see the world still being dirty and non-environmental. Also in the LA River, it has dirty water where no one can go swim or fish peacefully. I had fun with my group cleaning and having fun and discovering new things. Thanks to my professor Ximena Hernandez, now I know about the LA River and how important it is for the future of our generation and for the future. Let's save our planet as the best we can, and let's put more effort into it.



No comments:

Post a Comment