Saturday, May 3, 2014

L.A. River clean up.

                Hello my name is Julio Padilla and I am in the class of Professor Ximena Hernandez, today was not a normal Saturday that I had go to work, instead today I decided to go to the L.A. River to clean it up. This was my first time that I done this kind of activity, for me it felt pretty good and proud to clean the river. When I arrive with my friend Rosana the weather was really warm and humid,  personally I didn’t wanted to be there, because I was feeling really tired and the weather was to hot , I just wanted to go home and go to sleep. As soon as we went down to the river my attitude started to change it felt good to be around nature, even though most of the river is on cement, is really amazing how nature fights against human to keep their cycle.  When we started to pick up trash, most of the time the type of trash that my group collected it was plastic bags. It is really sad to see all the plastic in the river getting trap on trees and rocks. Not only because it makes the river look ugly, but also plastic is really hard to degrade because it takes hundreds of years to degrade completely. After being a good time walking and collecting trash in the river, we went back where we had to put the trash that we had collected. When I got there I was amazed to see all the trash that the whole group had collected in just one portion of the river. That made me realize that our environment is really suffering for our trash that we create. The bad part of the day was that I had to go early because I had to go to work so I couldn’t stay the whole event, but even though I didn't

stay I felt really good helping the community to have a cleaner river. I am really excited to go to another event that involves cleaning the environment. I know that it may look really small the contribution that we are doing to the environment comparing it with the pollution that the whole population creates, but it is better than to don’t do anything.  Now is up to us if we want to take care of our own planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment