Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The LA river clean up FOLAR


   The La river clean up was a new and great experience. I enjoyed going there and it made me feel good because I realized I was actually doing something important for my community. It was my first time visiting the river. I been living in LA for 7 years and I never knew there was a river in LA. It surprised me when I heard there was a river here in Los Angeles, and what surprised me even more was the amount of trash there was in the river. I imagined a clean green water. But there wasn't a lot of water and the water seem very dirty.The river wasn't that pretty. it smelled a little bad. But I realized that the river is the way it is because of the people who live in LA. We don' take care of nature. During the time I was collecting trash I found many, many plastics bags. They were all over the place. Some of them were stuck in the trees and it was difficult to remove them from there. My group and I found pieces of clothing and a black boot. It was pretty crazy. We also found many wrappers from candy, and chips. There were plastic containers as well. Over all I enjoyed the trip I made to cleanup the La river. It was a good experience and I would definitely do it again. It was worth it going. I had fun and its nice that I got a shirt and a bag. But the most important thing is that I felt good with myself because I did something for the planet, environment and for my community. I enjoyed going to the La river cleanup.

No comments:

Post a Comment