Tuesday, May 6, 2014

LA River clean up


Hello everyone! My name is Israel Villarreal, I am in Professors Ximena Hernandez English class section 21. On Saturday May 3, 2014 I went to the L.A. River to clean it up. I really was not that excited to go when I heard the news, because usually when I drive on the 5 freeway it’s for a dodger game and not to clean up the river. But to my big surprise I actually enjoyed cleaning up the L.A. River. When I got there I seen all the trash that was laying around, and some of the trash surprised me. My group and I found clothing thrown around a basket from Bimbo bakeries, and other stuff when we kept digging forward. The thing we all seem to find the most of were bags. The bags were from every place I couldn’t believe how much trash there was. Not only did I see the ugliness of the river, I also seen the beauty of the river. I seen birds and ducks swimming in the river. I am one who enjoys seeing nature and like to see the wonder of it. I also liked all the wild plants that grew there. I didn’t stay for long because of work but I going out there and knowing I help just a little was an experience I’ll never forget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment