Wednesday, May 7, 2014

LA River Cleanup

When I first heard that we had a river I thought it was a riverbed since I have lived here my whole life. Apparently though not many people know about the river itself. I believe that there was no water in it and it be dirty water with mud and such.
When I went down to see the river itself I saw very little water. It seem to me like it just left over water that was barely even there. Then having to see so much trash around it just was disappointing. Like how the plastic bags were wrapped around the trees. What if there were animals that ate off trees and ate the plastic. They would probably die. Its sad to see though these habits are getting worse because we humans are causing this mess and are not even noticing it.
Some people throw away trash in the ocean. In the ocean there are fish who probably eat our trash and we eventually eat the fish. Many people eat fish raw and do not even know that they are eating toxics that are contained inside the fish as well. not only we are putting animals lives in danger but our lives as well.
My experience through all this though made me want to help more. It was nice doing something good to the planet and the lake. I believe though what seem odd were things that I found such as clothing and even jars of who knows what. I would do this again if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment