Sunday, May 4, 2014

          My name is Jenniffer Rodriguez and I am in Professor Ximena Hernandez english class. Today I went to clean up the L.A river. It was actually my first time ever going to the L.A river as well as cleaning eat. When I first heard that we were going to be cleaning the L.A river, I was not too thrilled about it because I thought we were going to find nasty trash that smelled bad. When I got there, I first put on my gloves and grabbed a trash bag. I went down to the river I noticed a lot of plastic bags. In fact most of the trash I had in my trash bag were plastic bags. There were plastic bags stuck under the dirt, on top of the trees. Everywhere I turned to look at I spotted a plastic bag. I was really surprised to see so many plastic bags. I also saw shopping carts which surprised me as well because I thought to myself, " how do these shopping carts end up here and on top of that how do they end up buried under the ground". It is really sad to see how a beautiful place like the L.A river can look so dirty just because of the trash that we throw on the ground. If it weren't for all of the trash we throw everyday the L.A river would be a clean and beautiful river. I say it is a beautiful river because I was able to see the wonderful life in it. For example I was able to see a few ducks. I felt really happy though that I helped make a difference into making the L.A river a better place.I felt proud of myself and I would love to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment