Wednesday, May 7, 2014

LA River Clean-up

On Saturday, I went to the LA River to help FOLAR clean the river. At first, I thought it was going to  go clean the actual water but it wasn't. Experiencing this clean up was really fun because I was able to socialize with classmates and shared the trash inventory. I never knew that I could experience a lot of nature in LA, especially in the river. Going through all this wilderness made me be in contact with nature and I was closer. Furthermore, me and my partners Aldo and Vanesa collected four bags of trash that was all around the trees and it mostly consisted of plastic bags. We found strange things and they were up the trees due to the currents when the river is filled up. This was an awesome life experience because it feels good to help the environment. After all, we are damaging it so we have to do something to help repair that damage. We should stop buying a lot of food packaging because that is what ends up In the river and it can be impacting our life. Seeing how much trash we collected is just a part of all the trash we create and it made me feel guilty because it was a lot and mostly it was the same things we buy and eat. Therefore, this experience was really helpful because it helped me reflect about the trash we liter and try to create less trash so I can't impact the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment