Sunday, April 24, 2016

Cleaning the L.A. River

            Hello, my name is Kevin Pulido. On Saturday April 23, 2016 I took part in a L.A river clean up. It was a FLOAR event that happens a few times a year. I had never been down by the L.A river before this was a first and it had surprised me on how dirty it was. Also I really wasn’t expecting to see any kind of water running down, and also see ducks around. I had seen all my classmate go to the event, yet I thought it was just going to be certain classes from CSULA. When I got there I saw elders also wanting to clean up, and younger kids as well. I was surprised that this many people wanted to help clean the L.A River. Towards the end hen we had walked back to through away our trash bag I had seen so many different kinds of trash. So many bags filling up a truck as well as two shopping carts.
            This event help me realize how much we need to help our environment due to all the trash that goes to the L.A River. This was also just piece of the L.A river there must be some much more. This can relate to “The Lorax” by Dr. Seuss on how he wanted us to see that our environment can be destroyed if we stop on the amounts of trash that goes to the River. If we just clean up a little bit each just around our streets, home, or on the L.A River it can make a difference in changing our environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment