Sunday, April 24, 2016

FOLAR River Clean-Up

Hello, my name is Fritza Plasencia. This spring quarter, I am enrolled in Ms. Hernandez's 101 English class. She had us go to the Los Angeles River and participate in the annual FOLAR River Clean-Up. As we arrived to the location of the clean-up I noticed that there was a lot of people there to help voluntarily as well. The FOLAR representatives were very friendly and genuinely nice. They provided the volunteers with water, shirts, gloves, snacks, and everything we would need to help clean the river. This clean-up lasted about two hours, but after those two hours there was a notably big difference. Now this only makes me wonder what would happen if events like this occurred more often. This was a great experience for me, I myself not being from Los Angeles had not really paid too much attention to the actual condition of the river. Now that I am aware I will definitely come back and spread the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment