Sunday, April 24, 2016

LA River Cleanup!



Hello, My name is Hanh Luc. I'm a student from Cal State LA. I am taking English 101 in Ms.Hernandez's class. On Saturday April, 23rd at 9A.M., I had a service leaning and participated in FOLAR which was to clean the L,A, River. At first when I heard this event from my instructor Hernandez for volunteer, I thought only few people would show up to help. But when I arrived to the location, it surprised me how there was a lot of people, included teenagers, whether young or old adults. The FOLAR representatives provided the gloves, shirt, snacks, plastic bags and more that we would need to help and clean the river. Even though, I didn't know much about L.A. River and thought that it would be clean. As soon I started to work, I could see there are many different kind of trash that are earphones, bag of chips, blankets, clothes, etc. It had surprised me how dirty it was. I could feel that we didn't appreciate much about our environment, which was really sad and disappointed. After two-three hours of volunteering, I felt much better because I could do something to help this environment. I realized that I need to pay more attention to the areas and how important it is to throwing away trash to help the environment clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment