Tuesday, April 26, 2016

L.A. River Clean Up


Hi my name is Elizabeth Cisneros and I am a freshmen at Csula. My major is currently Psychology and I am planning on becoming a Clinical Psychologist in the future. The reason I am so interested in Psychology is because I have always been intrigued by the human mind. Over the years though I have come to know many people with issues of the mind, like depression, bipolar disorder, and other common mental health problems. I've seen first-hand the severity of these illnesses and it has given me this urge to help these people get through their problems, in some cases through medication and in others just therapy.

Recently I participated in a cleanup of the LA River. This is the largest body of water inside the LA coutny lines, and has been greatly contaminated with pollution and trash. We proceeded to clean up this river as a class. This activity was directly related to the classic Dr. Suess book we read in class, called, The Lorax. In this book the cutting down of trees harmed the wildlife around them, and the pollution from a massive factory contaminated the water of nearby streams and lakes, wiping out the fish population. The same thing has been happening to the LA River but only on a smaller,  less iminent way.



No comments:

Post a Comment