Monday, April 25, 2016

LA River Clean Up

I am Feiqi Zeng in ENGL 101, and today we have a field trip to the LA River. It is a volunteer activity to do the clean up for the LA River, because people throw too much trash to the river, and the trash will go into the ocean, which is polluting the environment that we live in. So it is important for us to pick up the trash and keep the river clean, and it is a good chance to have a look at the nature in LA.
Actually, the LA River is clearer than what I expected at first. I did not see too much trash there, and the water in the river is clearer than I imagined as well. But still, there were trash like coffee cups, small pieces of plastic bags, and some cans; these are the trash that people threw away without thinking about the environment, which is a bad habit. We need to care about more the environment, like “The Lorax” that we talk in class, we cannot do as Once-ler dose, who does not care about the environment at all, we need to consider about our environment and future when we think about expand the business. I like this activity, it takes me to get closer to see the nature in LA, and makes me easier to understand what we have talked in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment