Monday, April 25, 2016

L.A River clean up


Hello, my name is Brandon Lozano and I’m currently taking English 101 with Professor Ximena Hernandez. Were on the topic of environmental protection. On April 23rd, I participated in The Friends Of Los Angeles River clean up project. I woke up around 8’ish and got there a little late because I wasn’t familiar with the area. Once I got there I got provided with a trash bag, gloves, and a shirt. I got paired up with a group and from there started cleaning the river. I was surprised on how much it was polluted with trash, especially when I seen how many people were bring back their bags full of all the garbage they had picked up. I mostly found a lot of plastic bottles & plastic bags. Its hard to believe how some people are carless on how they treat the river. In my English class it reminds me on what I learned it my English class. In the article "A River Again” by MacAdams it states that the only part of the river that was free from concrete and fences was around glandale narrows was were the clean up took place. Also similar to The Lorax on how the fishes left and in this case the fishes are dead or gone because of all the garbage found in the water. This experience helped me realize on dirty the river is and how a cleaning can go a long way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment