Monday, April 25, 2016

LA River Clean up

Hello, my name is Wenjun Luo, I am a sophomore student now and I am taking English 101 with professor Hernandez. Last Saturday we got the opportunity to participate the annual FOLAR clean up with my English 101 classmates. At first, When I know this activity, I was really excited, because this is my first time to join the volunteer activity when I am become an undergraduate. This is an good and useful experience in what we were learning in current English class.I was so surprised that there were so many people to clean the LA river, even I saw many young children and old people. It makes me feel that this environmental protection is for everyone, all age, all gender and all status, since so long as you having loving heart, you are expected into the education volunteers activity. 


In the LA River, there are many bags, gloves, snacks, water, and fruits provided, even we can get the T-shirt. When I get my gloves and bog, I started picking up trash, I picked up a lot of trash like beverage can, plastic, chips, even some materials. The plants are full of plastic bag and broken material. After I fill-up my trash bag, I cannot believe that there are many trash here. I realized that a good environment is important to our lives, and trash will harm our nature and living environment, even our health. During this experience, I have a better understanding of environmental protection. I hope I can do more and more volunteer activity in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment