Monday, April 25, 2016

LA River Clean Up


 
 
Hello my name is Brenda Perez, I am currently taking English 101 with professor Hernandez. This past Saturday we went to the Los Angeles River to participate in the annual FOLAR clean up. This was to get a hands on experience in what we were learning in class. Getting there I had to wait in a line many people went there to give to there community. The people in the registry were friendly to start the clean up we were provided with gloves and a trash bag as well as with a shirt and there were snacks available as well. Waking up early on a Saturday to clean the river was a good experience. during my clean up I witness a lot of trash such as plastic and glass. although there was water you can see how it was dirty it had small particles floating on top. I saw two shopping carts full of trash. Some of the animals that I saw there were birds sitting on top of the rocks in the river. There was a lot of trees around the river, however if you picked up a rock you most likely found trash underneath. This helps bring awareness to the conditions of how the river and it was a good two hour experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment