Monday, April 24, 2017

A Tolerable Planet


Hello, my name is Haydee Flores I am a freshman at Cal State LA. This past Saturday on Earth Day April 22, 2017 I participated along with many of my classmates in the Folar LA River clean up. Before participating in this event, I would have never thought that there would be so many trash in the LA River. All my life I have passed by the LA river while in the freeway or just driving around but never this up-close like on Saturday. It was a very hot day but there was no complaining because it was the right thing to do for our community. I was very amused of the amount of trash there was and rare things that were found by the river for example, shopping carts, tire hub caps, a little lobster, clothes and blankets stuck on the plants or in the water. There was a lot of metal and plastic bags everywhere some of things might have been there for a while and had to pulled out. Being there made me realize what we do to our own planet what we cause to it when we through even the smallest amount of trash on the floor. We might not throw it in the LA River but that’s one of the many places it will end up in. while I was picking up trash I happened to see a man fishing in the water that didn’t not look clean at all it looked dark and oily and I know for a fact water isn’t supposed to look like that. I hope he did not eat the fish if he caught anything. Although there was so much trash there was also life in the LA river all the plants and trees that were bright and green. I enjoyed this experience it was a good feeling giving back to nature and it was also a lesson to all of us of what hen happens when we liter the smallest amount of trash.


No comments:

Post a Comment