Thursday, April 27, 2017

FOLAR LA River Clean Up

Hello everyone my name is Tamarah Marin. This is my second year at California State University, Los Angeles. On April 22, 2017 I had the honor to help out FOLAR with the LA River Clean up. In class we were learning about how to fix something or how to reuse something we thought could be thrown away. We also learned a little bit about the river before we went to go and clean up and it has changed a lot over the years.  Once I got to the river I was surprised how many people where already there helping.  Right away I went to turn in my waiver to help out. They gave us gloves and a shirts. I had my cousin come along with me because she thought it was a good opportunity for her to come and see what this program does to help out the community. There was so much trash everywhere. There was a lot of thing you didn't think would be there. For example there was a three full of raspberries, which i found very surprising. There was a lot of trash stuck on the trees. It was also hard to take anything out of the trees because they were either wrapped around the trees where you couldn't pull it off or they had a lot of dirt to the point where it was heavy to pull out. I have never done anything like this before, so I didn't know what to expect. Saturday morning was really hot. Also with Saturday being Earth day it was something special that everyone there helping with cleaning the river was a way as a community coming together.

 
                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment