Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hello, my name is Becky Noguera, and on Saturday, April 22, 2017 I contributed to the FOLAR River Clean Up. I wad fairly surprised with all the trash that I found walking further and further into the river. I had never seem the river that up close so I never noticed how dirty it actually was. I was only used to seeing the part of the river that crossed through the city of bell. That part of the was mostly concrete unlike the one we went to, this one had actual trees and flowers and sand. When i was approaching the river the first thing that caught my attention were the homeless people camped out on the side. Around the river I saw a lot of market carts which made me realize that the homeless people contributed a lot to the trash seen in the river. There was also a lot of clothes that looked like it had been there for a very long time. I did not expect to see so many people, even children helping in the river clean up. Seeing all those people showed that there are a lot of people who actually do care about the environment, and that is how it should be. This is an activity I would definitely do again.



No comments:

Post a Comment