Monday, April 24, 2017

Hello,

My Name is Jocelyn Vasquez and I participated in the FOLAR river clean up activity on April 22, 2017 as part of my service learning assignment for English 1005B. My overall experience was great! I had never realized or stop to think that there was a lot of trash in the river; I believed that it was only dry. There I found some peculiar things like an old photograph and a destroyed EBT card. I found that to be very amusing because I would of never imagine to dig up such things. At that moment the only thing that came to my mind is why would those things be there in the first place or how did they get there?
 
While I was cleaning I also saw trees and bushes full of plastic bags mimicking a plastic haunted house. Most of the trash that I picked up consisted of plastic bags, Cheetos bags, or aluminum cans. At the end of the day I saw people protesting against FOLAR because they claimed it was hatching season and that FOLAR were enemies of the LA river.

No comments:

Post a Comment