Wednesday, April 26, 2017

FOLAR Clean Up

Greetings, my name is Peter Maldonado, and today I'll be delving into my experience helping clean the LA river with FOLAR on Saturday, April 22, 2017. To begin, I had never done any type of community service of this sort so this was all a new experience for me. I arrived around 9 am with one of my best friends and colleagues who was participating in the same event, and immediately we were off to work. We were handed gloves and bags, and we ventured into the dirty river. I searched around for a nice shady spot and went to work. Clothes, paper, trash, etc. You name it, we found it. There was so much trash, it was almost unbelievable. I managed to clean up two bags worth of trash by the end of the day, and while it was very intensive due to blazing hot sun and grueling work, it was definitely fulfilling. I enjoyed the feeling of helping clean my community and giving back. For this reason, I would definitely partake in a similar event, given the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment