Wednesday, April 26, 2017

L.A. River Clean-up

Hello my name is Denise Melgar, I am a freshman college student in Cal state la, and I am currently taking English 1005B with Professor Ximena Hernandez. My class and I had the opportunity to go to the L.A. river on April 22, 2017 and clean up the trash with my classmates. When I got to the L.A. river, I could clearly see the trash hanging on the trees and there was also dirty old clothes hanging. I picked up a lot of plastic pieces and plastic bags that were filled with sand and with more trash inside the bags. I picked up a lot of plastic bottles as well near the river and it reminded me of the book No Impact Man by Colin Beavan on Chapter 9 where he explains about him going to the river and cleaning up the trash with his friend. Beaven explains that the reason why there was trash there was because people carelessly throw their trash away from their car window without thinking how harmful that is to nature. It is unethical to be throwing trash and not caring what the consequences are and also not caring about the well-being of Nature. I am happy that I got the chance to go to the L.A. river clean up and make a difference and I would definitely go back and help again.










No comments:

Post a Comment