Monday, April 20, 2015

Clean up at the LA River

On Saturday April 18, I went to go help clean the LA River. I invited my niece because I wanted her to see the nature that LA has to give. I got there at 8:50 am and I saw very little people. I didon't think many people were gonna arrive. Then as minutes passed more and more people arrived. I met up with classmates before cleaning. We all began around 9:10. Me and my niece decided to go clean the right side which seemed to have more water and plants. We started cleaning and noticed that everything i found was mostly food wrappers, clothing, and plastic bags. We cleaned while walking forward. The more I continued for ward I noticed there was more animals, plants, and the water was actually cleaner. I saw many ducks, dragonfly,and  fishes. I actually enjoyed this experience and hope to do it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment