Monday, April 20, 2015

"LA GRAN LIMPIEZA"

Hello my name is Aura Larios and I had the honor to attend to “La Gran Limpieza” on Saturday April 18th. It was a great experience to attend to the LA river cleanup with my 101 English classes. Even though I arrived late because I had some difficulties to get there I was happy to be there, because I felt that I was finally helping my community and giving back to nature. When I got there I needed to make a line in order to get some supplies before walking through the river. There were a lot of people from different parts of Los Angeles. There was no age limit I saw little kids and older people helping out to clean. I didn’t though that many people were going to assist to this even but they did. It was interesting to see around people cleaning and that they were worry about nature. There was a lot of trash but not as much as a though I was going to find. I decided to walk towards the river to see how it looked like. When I was near the river I remember the times I had pass nearby and never realize that it was the LA River. In my head this question came up a lot of times “Is there nature in LA?” When I watching the water I answered to myself “Yes There is nature in LA we just need to take care of it”.  FOLAR does a great job by organizing this event every year and this is a great call out for a lot of people.. While I was walking with some of my classmates we saw Mrs. Hernandez and she explain us more about the river which we all learn. Even though it was
sunny and at the end everyone wanted to go home it was a great experience. Thank you Mrs. Hernandez for taking us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment